Kickboxing is the perfect total body workout and the fastest way to that toned fighter physique you seek. You’ll learn basic Kickboxing and Boxing skills & combinations. Kickboxing classes at KMAA includes calisthenics, pad work, heavy bag work, and core strengthening exercises. Our Kickboxing syllabus includes punches, kicks, elbows, and knees. Come ready to sweat, build a rock solid core, and burn hundreds of calories.
Our classes are high-energy, highly-technical and always fun. If you’re looking to get into shape, get ready for the ring or just looking for a great stress-relieving outlet, KMAA’s kickboxing classes are right for you! If you’re stuck in a workout rut or looking for a motivating fitness routine, you might consider adding a high-energy kickboxing workout to the schedule. Kickboxing workouts combine martial arts techniques with heart-pumping cardio, which means you can get a total body workout and whip yourself into shape in no time.
Whether you’re a fitness newbie or long-time gym aficionado, undertaking a kickboxing workout at least once per week can help you feel re-energized and out of a rut.
The Seven Benefits of Kickboxing
- Reduce Stress – You can kick and punch your way to a stress-free zone within minutes of your high-energy kickboxing routine. The movements in kickboxing challenge several core muscle groups and will give you a total body workout, fast.
- Boost Confidence Levels – According to Dr. Rose Windale of Healthzine.org, kickboxing helps you release endorphins which will give your mood a boost and help you feel more confident. Endorphins will also make you feel happier and more positive for several hours after the workout.
- Improved Coordination – If you’re suffering from posture problems and have poor coordination, you can strengthen your ‘core’ and improve your reflexes and coordination skills. The speedy punches and kicks in the kickboxing routine will give you a chance to focus your energy to execute each movement successfully.
- Burn Mega Calories – Muscle and Fitness Magazine reports that fitness kickboxing can burn over 800 calories per hour, and you’ll be toning up your entire body as you rev up your metabolism. It’s a high-power cardio routine that’s great for weight loss and getting you in shape, fast. (Source: CKOKickboxing.com)
- Ideal Cross-Training Workout – If you’ve been pounding on the treadmill for several weeks and need a break from your usual cardio routine, kickboxing is the perfect cross-training workout. You can add some weights by wearing wrist weights or ankle weights, or just putting on a pair of lightweight boxing gloves for extra resistance. Just one or two routines a week can help you break out of a fitness rut, fast.
- Energy Boost – Kickboxing is a high-energy cardio routine that will give your body and mind a boost, and will increase your energy levels. You’ll be breathing hard and sweating out toxins; this process will give your energy levels a much-needed boost.
- Better Posture – If you’re hunched over a computer all day, kickboxing workouts will challenge many muscle groups that don’t get enough attention throughout the day, and you’ll start to build up your core. Core muscles in around your abdominal wall are targeted with kickboxing routines because you need to use your waist and abs for balance, and to execute each carefully coordinated move.
Kickboxing workouts offer several benefits for your body and mind and are a great choice for getting out of a fitness rut. Whether you’re a fitness fanatic or just getting started with a workout routine, kickboxing can help you reach your fitness goals.
What is MMAX Kickboxing?
MMAX Kickboxing is KMAA’s unique style of Kickboxing fundamentals in a fun, energetic class! In MMAX Kickboxing you’ll warm up with some age/shape appropriate calisthenics, get a fantastic kickboxing-based workout, and finish up with some cool-down stretching.This class is the perfect class for someone who is looking to get started training, but nervous about having a partner who might go a bit hard on them; MMAX Kickboxing is designed so you can workout at the pace that helps *YOU* grow and develop!