Personal Training can be so many different things depending on the client wants. That’s what makes it personal! You can choose to workout with your trainer as often as five times per week, but most clients opt for two to three training sessions per week for maximum effectiveness.
We can focus on fat loss, cardio conditioning, muscle conditioning, flexibility or a combination of all of these depending on your goals, needs, strengths, and weaknesses. We really do strive to make our clients sessions as individualized as possible, effective and lots of fun!
Personal Training has become a very popular service with many people experiencing results, therefore, demonstrating its value. When you sign up with a trainer, you can expect regular education, support, and guidance. Your trainer will hold you accountable and it’s nice to know you always have someone looking over your shoulder. Your trainer will provide safety, variety and efficiency and effectiveness.
Your first session with a trainer is critical to helping you set up a foundation for success. Seven out of ten people start an exercise program but then within two to three months they have dropped out. This high drop-out rate is often due to the fact that the individual has not spent any time establishing the right program for them based on their history, goals, individual needs and lifestyle. Our trainers spend a good portion of the first session talking with their new client to determine which type of program is going to help them stay motivated so they are consistent enough to progress, experience results and succeed.
The Ten Benefits of a Personal Trainer
- We Help You Establish Realistic Goals – Many people neglect the importance of establishing a realistic goal before getting started with an exercise program. More often than not, people have hopes of losing a lot of weight in a short amount of time, or make goals to work out X number of days a week when they already know with their schedule it may be near to impossible to actually accomplish. Our personal trainers will help you put together a realistic and attainable goal that will help focus all of your efforts.
- We Help You Create Nutritional Food Plans – There is more to meeting your fitness goals than just exercise. You need to have a nutritional food plan in place. No matter your fitness goals (weight loss, toning, building muscle, training for a specific event, general maintenance, etc), nutrition is going to play a big part in whether you succeed or fail. Many people do not have a clear understanding of the relationship between food and exercise. Many of our trainers have backgrounds in nutrition and can provide proper coaching to not only educate you on what you are eating and how it is affecting your training, but they can also motivate you to stay on course with your food plans. We can provide you with healthy recipes and meal plans, as well as educate you on how to grocery shop.
- We Track Your Progress – Starting a new program can be challenging. It is important to have someone walking along beside you monitoring of your progress. Trainers provide this accountability and encouragement.
- We Motivate You When You Need It Most – Following an exercise program can be discouraging at times. This is especially true if you’re just getting started or have hit a plateau in your progress. Our Personal Trainers see this all the time and know how to push you and motivate you when you need it most.
- We Help You Avoid Common Exercise Mistakes – Before starting an exercise program with us, we will ensure that you know the proper form and technique for each exercise. There are many common mistakes that are made when just starting an exercise program, especially if you are new to exercise. Being aware of these mistakes and learning to avoid them from the beginning will reduce your risk of suffering an injury that could be detrimental to your success. Our Personal Trainers watch you perform each movement, allowing the opportunity for correction and fine-tuning. Many people perform exercises they way they were originally taught, which is not always correct. We will watch your posture and balance as well as help you use the correct muscle groups to ensure you are getting the most out of each exercise.
- We Help Guide You On The Latest Fitness Trends – Same as any industry, the fitness industry is always changing. New workouts, new diets, new equipment – Our trainers will help educate you on the new trends of fitness that be beneficial to you as well as which ones to be cautious of.
- We Provide Answers To Your Exercise Questions – It is natural to have questions about the exercises you are performing (What is this working? Why does this feel this way? How can I make this harder/easier? Can I combine this with another exercise? How can I do this without equipment if I travel? etc). What you may not know about our Personal Trainers is most of us have degrees in Exercise Science or Kinesiology in addition to our certifications. That being said, we know a lot about your body and how it works. Asking us questions is a great way to learn more about the benefits of exercise, as well as how your body is operating during exercise and on a daily basis. Wouldn’t it be nice if you had someone to ask when certain questions arise? That’s another benefit of having a personal trainer. We can answer your questions and educate you on the “why’s” and “how-to’s”? of exercise.
- We Know How To Help You Avoid A Burnout – If you have ever started a workout program then you know what a burnout feels like. Most people start programs strong, with the serious intent of meeting their goal(s) head-on! Unfortunately, sometimes that enthusiasm hits a brick wall. Our Personal Trainers know the signs of over-training or being obsessive about your program. We will coach you so that you stay on course without going overboard and potentially harming yourself or becoming demotivated.
- We Provide Personalized Attention – Have you ever joined a gym and then realized a few months down the road that you are paying monthly for something you are not using? This happens more frequently than we like to see! As fitness professionals, our goal is to see a positive change in the world and to help educate people on the importance of health and wellness. At KMAA if you are paying and not coming, we are not doing our job! Personal Training helps eliminate the “pay-and-don’t-go-epidemic”! It provides accountability. Every workout is personal. It’s unique and tailored to you. Our Personal Trainers are focused solely on you and your workout during your visit.
- We Help You Achieve The Results You Are Seeking – More than anything else, you want to achieve the results you are seeking. The goals you established at the beginning are essentially your finish line. All the hard work and effort you put into your program only makes sense if you reach your goals. Our Personal Trainers can and will help you achieve exactly what you are seeking