Your Child Will Achieve More Than Just Learning to Kick and Punch
It’s true that Tiny Tiger activities will keep your child physically fit and that many of the group activities show children the benefits of good behavior. But, best of all, your child’s class curriculum will also help them see the value of teamwork, good manners and try their best outside of the classroom.
Nine Life Skills Taught in our Tiny Tigers Program
1. Self-Discipline: One of the central tenets of the KMAA martial arts program is a focus on self-discipline. Many of today’s children are accustomed to receiving instant gratification that lessons in self-restraint and discipline aren’t always easy to find. Children with a background in quality martial arts, however, are continually reminded of the importance of self-discipline.
2. Socialization: Children who engage in cooperative, structured play are far more likely to be successful in life. The KMAA Tiny Tiger’s program is designed to facilitate exactly this type of experience. Combined with a qualified, highly-energetic instructor that encourages collaboration and coordinating social activities.
3. Physical Activity: Limiting screen time is a great idea when it comes to getting kids off the couch and encouraging them to be more active, but it only goes so far. Enrolling an inactive child in such a physically demanding pastime not only discourages the sedentary lifestyle she’s used to but also gives her an enjoyable activity that inspires her to keep moving.
4. Goal-Setting: Most forms of martial arts are based on an accomplishment system of colored belts that signify the wearer’s degree of skill. At KMAA we use a colored wristband system, to the same effect.When your child strives toward each new wristband, he’s learning valuable lessons about setting and reaching his goals.
5. Confidence: Confidence comes with achievement, so your child’s self-esteem level will get a boost with every new technique s/he masters and every belt s/he earns. Children who struggle with a low sense of self-worth become more confident as time progresses when they’re enrolled in a professional martial arts class.
6. Respect: Learning martial arts will require your child to show her instructor and fellow students respect. Today’s culture often doesn’t include respect for others, however, at KMAA your child will be learning lessons in respect along with new techniques.
7. Conflict Resolution: At KMAA we believe that physical violence is a last resort option and instead encourage children to resolve confrontations with communication and emphasize the importance of avoiding a physical altercation.
8. Listening Skills: Part of engaging in the Tiny Tigers class is the importance we place on listening with the whole body: eyes, orientation, and ears. Listening is the best way to understand and understanding is the best way to be successful.
9. Teamwork: In our Tiny Tigers class, there are few things that your child does that will be done on his own. Working together to learn new ideas and accomplish goals is an important life lesson, and the instruction your child receives at KMAA will help them learn that lesson.
Tiny Tigers Helps Prepare Your Child for Life
Tiny Tigers will improve your child’s basic motor skills, as well are your child’s positive mental skills. These skills will help your child enter society with a confident and enthusiastic outlook. Your child will become a better student in school, a better listener at home and feel more ambitious towards his/her future goals.
We believe the time between ages three to six is one of the most important years of a child’s development. Let us help enhance your child’s mental and physical development in a fun, positive and motivating way. Enroll your child today and help prepare them for life! Class sizes are limited, contact us now to reserve your child’s space!