Mixed Martial Arts athletes are the best-trained athletes in the world. Preparing for competition requires a regimen of cross-functional training that builds exceptional strength, stamina, flexibility ,and discipline. With our unique access to UFC athletes, the Knoxville Martial Arts Academy offers high-quality training programs available to everyone – even if you never intend to compete! MMA classes promote endurance, conditioning, and proper technique, so you can surpass your goals – either fighting or fitness – quickly.
KMAA’s unique, fully integrated MMA style was created by Coach Eric Turner over his numerous years studying the martial arts. Instead of studying many different styles and trying to combine different techniques from different styles yourself, KMAA’s MMA classes give you only the best techniques for each situation. It’s the style our competition team carries into the cage. Its the style of people who want to get in better shape, but don’t want to compete. It’s the style of people who want to learn self-defense. It’s the style of people who want to compete but don’t know where to start. In short, it’s the style for everybody!
Our MMA classes combine techniques from Kick Boxing, Wrestling, and Brazilian Jiujitsu. So, if you’re looking for a style that honestly and realistically covers every area of hand-to-hand combat then look no further!
The Six Benefits of Mixed Martial Arts
- Community – Joining an MMA community keeps you on track with your training and helps you make some friends along the way.
- Confidence – The confidence built from training in MMA can accompany you into the office, your relationships, and wherever else you can use a self-assurance boost! You may find yourself with increased leadership skills or an ability to conquer presentations just like you would in the ring. Your newfound confidence will also help deter any would-be attackers.
- Discipline – The discipline you’re sure to develop from training in MMA can be applied to the rest of your life, from enhancing your capacity to stick to a schedule to strengthening your resolve to eat well.
- Fitness – Training in MMA is guaranteed to improve your level of fitness. MMA fighters are some of the most superior, well-rounded, Olympic-caliber athletes of the day. Living the MMA lifestyle can, therefore, transform your body, along with your mind and spirit.
- Self-defense – Studying MMA can greatly increase your level of preparedness in the face of a dangerous situation. With your knowledge of combative arts, you can defend yourself whenever you need to.
- Competition – Competition can be tremendous fun and while many people enjoy the exciting outlet that competition affords, more than a few of our competitors have made it into a career by becoming highly successful professional MMA competitors.
What is MMAX MMA?
MMAX MMA is KMAA’s unique and world-famous MMA fundamental class. The same techniques used the world over by our MMA competitors taught to you by some of those very-same pros, in a structured, holistic syllabus that is designed so you can go from knowing absolutely nothing about MMA to ready for your first fight in as little as 6 months! (We’re not saying you have to compete, just that you’d be ready if you wished to get in the cage!) We want to be there with you every step of the way to help you develop and grow in your martial arts journey and MMAX MMA is the perfect class for you!